Bonner Classical Academy is eager to hire faculty who love teaching so much that excellence is a personal goal as well as a School objective. These teachers are marked by a passion for life-long learning, a desire to present Christ in all subjects, a love for elementary school students, and a strong working knowledge of the content they teach. They are enthusiastic about the vision of Bonner Classical Academy to cultivate “virtuous self-reliant students with academic excellence through the tradition of classical Christian education,” and they are committed to equipping “the next generation of joyful men and women to love God and neighbor while laying the foundation for a life-long pursuit of goodness, truth, and beauty.”
For the 2023-2024 school year, we are hiring full and part time teachers for grades Kindergarten through Grammar 6. We are also hiring part time teachers to teach courses in Fine Arts and Mechanical Arts.
A strong candidate will:
- Be a professing Christian in accordance with the BCA Statement of Faith and exemplify a Christian worldview in personal life. Regular involvement in a church community is expected.
- Enjoy working with students.
- Possess strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
- Embrace the classical model of education.
- Be able to maintain a positive, orderly learning environment.
- Be willing to learn, grow, and collaborate.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in subject area or related discipline.
- Present a clear background check.
- Implement the approved curriculum with creativity and initiative.
- Establish a class environment that follows classical methodology in a Christ-centered manner. Foster a love of learning and thinking, cooperation, and personal and social growth.
- Plan lessons consistently and clearly.
- Develop and administer assessments as needed.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with families.
- Maintain good relationships with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
- Exhibit the highest standards of collegiality and professionalism.
- Fulfill other school-related duties as assigned.
Teachers report to the Head of School, designated Administrator, or Department Head. Teachers supervise students, and when assigned, student teachers and teacher aides; teachers also organize and oversee parent volunteers.